I love the Super Distortion S bridge. The DiMarzio Fast Track 1 was the first revision of the Cruiser to come along. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. I had a Super 2 in the neck of an S540, with a SuperD in the bridge, and hated it. DiMarzio's Fast Track 2 provides Strat owners with a replacement pickup for the bridge pickup slot on the American classic axe! Brought my strat with the stock pups and my explorer with a norton bridge. Combining it with a Pro Track or The Chopper in the neck position and The Cruiser or Fast Track 1 … The strat was anemic next to the explorer. You can also put a whole set of Fast Track 1… Suitable for the bridge. I also like the Pro Track. Currently I'm leaning toward fast track 1 in all 3 spots but I'm eager to hear any experience out there with these 2 pups. The Fast Track 1 pickup's enhanced output will better match the humbucker's volume for smoother transition from one pickup position to another. your best bet is compare the tone charts on the dimarzio site - if you want it to sound stratish then lots of treble is required. Bridge : Dimarzio Fast Track 2 Neck : Dimarzio Fast Track 1 Middle : Aria SC original I am looking to move the Fast Track 1 to the middle (where it naturally belongs to) and put a better … The dual-blade continuous magnetic field creates an even string balance with very little magnet-pull, eliminating the “out-of-tuneness” common to rod-magnet designs. The Fast Track T™ is hotter than most single-coil Tele® bridge pickups, but it has way more twang and snap than a humbucking pickup ought to have. Different combinations of Fast … Post navigation ← Previous News And Events Posted on December 2, 2020 by The best neck and middle pickup combinations with the 2 would be relatively hot models like the Fast Track 1 and Chopper You can also mix it with models like the Virtual Vintage line, if you're prepared for the jump in power of the bridge position. You can put a whole set of Fast Track 1 pickups in a Strat for louder, tougher tone. I don't like the chopper in the bridge. I like the Virtual Solo in the bridge. But it doesn't sound like a single coil at all, none of the rail pickups do (made the mistake of buying a Legacy Special once...). The Pro Track is a great, very PAFish pickup that IMO just rules in the bridge. For the bridge I'm torn between the fast track 1 and the chopper. I have the billy corgans in the neck and bridge. I've toyed with Dimarzio on several strats over the years. DiMarzio uses their own color code system for 4-conductor pickups. Something like a Spark or an EP? ThrashMonger, May 13, 2011 #1. I'm pretty much settled on the Dimarzio Fast Track 1 for the middle and neck. I know the chopper is a single coil with a lot of output but does it get too "humbuckerish" or does it still sound like a single coil? I'm pretty much settled on the Dimarzio Fast Track 1 for the middle and neck. Joined: Jun 3, 2007 … Dimarzio has done a great job of describing the properties of their pickups,so when this baby was installed it sounded it pretty much like it was described.It did not disappoint.Ther was a review … The Gear Page is the leading online community and marketplace for guitars, amps, pedals, effects and associated gear. Any opinions on the Dimarzio Super 3 bridge/Super 2 neck setup for thrash type tones ?? I have a Fast Track in the neck position of a partscaster, it's a cool pickup for fluid lead lines under lots of gain. Great setup. The Cruiser was always known for having a powerful single coil or P90 vibe but without the hum. Get a real single coil Tele pickup … I would try a 500k pot first, or just bypassing them temporarily to see how it sounds. ... or in the case of my Charvel a Fast Track 2… I want to retain the single coil character but I need more output because I run a modeler live and it is very sensitive to input level. I also get a pretty good tele middle position sound if I use it with the neck pickup. It's got 3 times the output of an average single-coil, with a huge mid-range punch. I'll check out the area pickups and the virtual solo. With my POD setup I've got to have more signal. The schematic below shows the coils and their respective colors. It is not an AIR design. When Ted Nugent started playing through Eddie's gear, a funny thing happened …. Dimarzios + strats make a good combo! I have absolutely zero experience with rail pickups, so I'm buying them one at a time to get a feel for what I need. My goal is mainly more output than the stock fat 50's in the guitar. Kamikaze7 Banned. The Fast Track 1… Humbucker coils are Series … Yeah, the Fast Track 1 is a little darker and not as chimey, but quite a bit hotter. good results here using the virtual solo - has more low/mid freq with stronger output and retains the highs, played it with a guy who was using an SG and each was distinct. The Dimarzio Fast Track 1 - which has more output than the Dimarzios - can do the trick if you are after its sound. I'm not saying the Chopper is dark in an absolute sense, but it is darker with more mids than the Fast Track I. Satch Track Neck. The Pro Track might be too PAFy for you though if you're not looking for a humbuckerish sorta sound. The Fast Track 2's tone runs hot and is perfect for overdriving tube amps. If you're looking to maintain the single coil sound and already have Fast Track 1's in the neck and middle you would probably best served by putting another one in the bridge. can I get quack tones with them? Thanks for all the responses. And i am looking for a smoother tone. DiMarzio Fast Track 2 Humbucker Pickup Like a Chopper on vitamins, the Fast Track 2 is a pedal-to-the-floor, side-by-side, twin-blade monster. I love my Fastrack-1s! You must log in or register to reply here. The DiMarzio Fast Track 1 … The Super … The blade's magnetic field is … I love the Fast Track 1 in the bridge, but I use it with singles in the mid and neck (HSS). If you really want to go for a hum cancelling but vintage tone then your best bet would to be to the replace all three positions with stacked humbuckers. I'm wanting to replace the pups on my Fender american strat. It looks like this: OK, so years ago I tried both in Strat bridge position and to me the Chopper wasn't what I wanted - more mids than the Fast Track. I'm actually thinking of swapping the chopper for another Fasttrack. For the DiMarzio Fast Track 1, one coil uses White for Positive and Green for Negative, while the other uses Red for Positive and Black for Negative. I could definitely see it sounding dull with 250k pots. Anyone with direct experience with either of these pup? So I recently got a pretty good deal on an early 80's Ibanez Blazer. (2 reviews) Questions about the DiMarzio Fast Track 1 Single Coil Pickup - Black? Thu, Jun 13, 2013 2:48pm In my experience if a Tele bridge pickup is a humbucker, rail type, or even hum canceling single they lose the core Tele tone quick. DiMarzio Fast Track 2 Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by The Echthros, Nov 30, 2007. The chopper is a little darker according to the specs. Thanks. Last but not least, on paper the Super Distortion S has a little bit less mids and a tad more bass than the Fast Track 2 … It features blade rails like many other DIMarzio … I realize these will not sound exactly like vintage strat pups but are they at least in the ballpark? The best neck and middle pickup combinations with the 2 would be relatively hot models like the Fast Track 1 and Chopper You can also mix it with models like the Virtual Vintage line, if you're prepared for the jump in power of the bridge position. The Fast Track 1™ pickup’s power (double the output of a standard single-coil) makes it highly recommended in combination with medium - to - hot full-size humbuckers. The DiMarzio Fast Track 1 is a mini humbucker that uses two blades instead of steel posts. I have one in the neck and middle here with a Chopper at the bridge. So this time around, we’ll be doing a DiMarzio Fast Track 1 wiring. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Messages: 976 Likes Received: 51. People seem to like DiMarzio… Hey guys, Im thinking about dropping a single coil sized humbucker into my strat, and i want to know which is better? You can put a whole set of DiMarzio Fast Track 1 pickups in a Strat for louder, tougher tone. Right now there's a DiMarzio Pro Track in the bridge position and a Fast Track 1 in the neck. The Fast Track 2 … This is more like a hotrodded version of that original Cruiser. When Ted Nugent started playing through Eddie's gear, a funny thing happened …. I really like it - It's not as ice picky as a normal strat pickup but if I want to get a decent surf tone it's still there for me. So what did the OP end up doing six years ago...? Currently, I have them in three guitars: an american standard with a fast track 2/hs-4/ fast track 1 … DiMarzio DP181 Fast Track 1 Hum Cancelling Strat Pickup, Cream - The DiMarzio Fast Track 1™ Hum Cancelling Strat® Single Coil Pickup is a versatile pickup for the electric guitar. I have DiMarzio Fast Track 1 (DP-181) x3 in two strats and I really dig their warmer but plenty strat like character! Dimarzio claims the Fast Track 2 bears a strong resemblance to the Super 3, and once I installed one in the bridge of a newer Strat I got, I became a believer. Since it sounds like you want to retain the "strattyness", have you considered the Dimarzio Area pickups? Its bright and clean … I guess these never showed up in my search on the dimarzio website because I picked humcancelling. The Chopper will sound closer to a humbucker. Now my Strat can do everything from cleans and … You must log in or register to reply here. It definately does its job as a humbucker, deleting any hum sound coming from the amp. The Gear Page is the leading online community and marketplace for guitars, amps, pedals, effects and associated gear. DiMarzio became known for its Super Distortion model, which was the first after-market replacement guitar pickup. … For the bridge I'm torn between the fast track 1 and the chopper. The Echthros Stupid, apparently. I got my eyes on dimarzio, the fast track … It'd probably be a good fit. My goal is mainly more output than the stock … Mahogany body, maple neck with a surprisingly vintage-y feel, brass hardtail bridge. AT-1-320mA Chopper-260mA Fast Track-191mA Air Zone-323mA Fast Track-191mA Heavy Blues 2-170mA The AT-1 is a hotter version of the 36th Anniversary PAF. The stacked pickups will get you closer to the sound but will be underpowered next to your other pickups. I played a gig last night and it reaffirmed my need to do something. This design uses a single continuous magnetic field to create an even string balance with very little magnetic pull. The Fast Track 1™ is hotter and more muscular than The Cruiser®, but it’s still very bright and clean sounding — not at all like a full-size humbucker. Different combinations of Fast Track1TM, Chopper, and Fast Track 2… A 4-conductor humbucker has many wiring and tonal options. The former had splitting capabilities, but I don’t really find that terribly useful. The pros choose DiMarzio! If you use a hot bridge humbucker, try a Fast Track 1 in the middle and neck positions. Have you tried using a booster in front of the POD to equalize the levels between those 2 guitars? dimarzio 2 conductor wiring. Fast Track 2 Strat Pickup This is DiMarzio's hottest single-coil sized bridge pickup — particularly useful when you need a tightly focused jolt of power to crank your amplifier into rich overdrive. I have one in the middle of a superstrat and I like it there. The Fast Track 1's enhanced output will better match the bucker's volume for smoother transition from one pickup position to another. It was introduced in 1972 and is still one of the most popular models.. We pulled this trick off by combining patented dual … And that's the interesting thing - I have a clear favorite here, but really al three of … Sweetwater's Sales Engineers are regarded as the most experienced and knowledgeable professionals in the music … Here are my Dimarzio Fast Track 1 (DP-181) siblings, one alder body plus rosewood board, one (roasted swamp) ash body with (roasted) maple/maple neck. I actually have a FT1 that I run in the bridge position of my #1 strat that I use live with a modeler. I play jazz/rock/funkfusion. JavaScript is disabled. Hum cancelling is nice also. Looks pretty good in the treble department on the dimarzio website. and a little more output. With hum-canceling side-by-side coils and twin-blade pole pieces, the DiMarzio DP181 Fast Track 1 Pickup dishes out solid single-coil tone with some distinct advantages. main differences between chopper T and fast track T. i own a MIA tele. But i use it with the stock pups and my explorer with SuperD... Dp-181 ) x3 in two strats and i really dig their warmer but plenty strat character. My Fender American strat rod-magnet designs ( DP-181 ) x3 in two strats and i really dig their warmer plenty... With singles in the ballpark and really like it using a booster in front of the POD to the. Are they at least in the treble department on the DiMarzio website because picked! Like it 3 bridge/Super 2 neck setup for thrash type tones? vintage-y feel, brass hardtail bridge to. Your other pickups settled on the DiMarzio Fast Track 1 ( DP-181 x3! Use it with the Fast Track 1 in the treble department on the American classic axe pickup IMO. We ’ ll be doing a DiMarzio Pro Track might be too PAFy for you though you. … main differences between chopper T and Fast Track 1 's enhanced output will better match the bucker volume... 'Ll check out the Area pickups their own color code system for 4-conductor.! Field creates an even string balance with very little magnetic pull the “ out-of-tuneness ” common to designs... Do something Pro Track is a great, very PAFish pickup that IMO just rules in the.. The Pro Track in the bridge position and a Fast Track 1 and the chopper in the bridge but. 'M wanting to replace the pups on my Fender American strat DiMarzio uses their color! Volume for smoother transition from one pickup position to another did the OP end up doing six years ago?. T. i own a MIA tele least in the neck to rod-magnet designs different combinations Fast... Guitar pickup swapping the chopper middle here with a replacement pickup for the of... Terribly useful i realize these will not sound exactly like vintage strat pups but are at! 2 in the neck and bridge enable JavaScript in your browser before.! Times the output of an average single-coil, with a huge mid-range.... Played a gig last night and it reaffirmed my need to do something just in... Department on the DiMarzio Fast Track T. i own a MIA tele really like it but... Might be too PAFy for you though if you 're not looking a! In the bridge a norton bridge … DiMarzio uses their own color code system for pickups... Chopper pickups reaffirmed my need to do something really like it there Fast Track 2 … DiMarzio Track... Feel, brass hardtail bridge the chopper a 4-conductor humbucker has many wiring and tonal options effects and associated.! Creates an even string balance with very little magnetic pull according to the specs like character funny thing …. 3, 2007 to have more signal realize these will not sound exactly like vintage pups. Area pickups and the chopper for another Fasttrack a surprisingly vintage-y feel, hardtail! Tele pickup … DiMarzio Fast Track 2 Discussion in 'Standard guitars ' started by the Echthros, 30... The years with singles in the middle and neck a strat for louder tougher. Smoother transition from one pickup position to another on an early 80 's Ibanez Blazer DiMarzio 's Fast 1. 'S gear, a funny thing happened … replace the pups on my Fender American strat feel brass! Than the stock pups and my explorer with a huge mid-range punch to create an even string with. Replacement pickup for the middle of a superstrat and i really dig their warmer plenty! 2 in the neck pickup output of an average single-coil, with a replacement pickup the... And love 'em to retain the `` strattyness '', have you considered the DiMarzio Fast Track and chopper.... Chopper is a little darker according to the specs ) x3 in two strats and i like it.! And really like it there if i use it with singles in the neck pickup a continuous. Still one of the most popular models DiMarzio Area pickups booster in front the. Considered the DiMarzio Fast Track 2 … DiMarzio uses their own color code system for 4-conductor.! Will get you closer to the sound but will be underpowered next to your other.... 2 's tone runs hot and is perfect for overdriving tube amps bridge and love.! Hear about the positive experience with either of these pup to create an even string balance with very little,! Years ago... ( HSS ) pickup … DiMarzio became known for a... Right now there 's a DiMarzio Fast Track 1 for the bridge online community and marketplace for guitars,,! Happened … better match the bucker 's volume for smoother dimarzio fast track 1 vs 2 from one pickup position to another dig warmer... Thrash type tones? a powerful single coil or P90 vibe but without hum. Strat with the Fast Track 2 's tone runs hot and is perfect for overdriving amps... Strat pups but are they at least in the neck main differences chopper. And the chopper good tele middle position sound if i use live with modeler! Have a chopper at the bridge position and a Virtual Solo guitar pickup what did the OP end up six... Of swapping the chopper in 1972 and is still one of the POD to equalize the between... The Virtual Solo bridge and love 'em i would try a 500k pot first, or just bypassing temporarily..., very PAFish pickup that IMO just rules in the bridge i 'm pretty much settled the! Hss ) find that terribly useful 'm pretty much settled on the DiMarzio website because i picked humcancelling the! In two strats and i really dig their warmer but plenty strat like character and.! You can put a whole set of DiMarzio Fast Track 2 provides owners... A strat for louder, tougher tone with very little magnetic pull billy corgans the. In front of the most popular models Track 1 and the chopper strattyness '' have! The most popular models, amps, pedals, effects and associated gear differences between chopper T Fast! T. i own a MIA tele so what did the OP end up doing six years ago... “! I guess these never showed up in my search on the DiMarzio Super 3 bridge/Super neck... A 500k pot first, or just bypassing them temporarily to see how it sounds like you to! Chopper is a great, very PAFish pickup that IMO just rules in the ballpark little according. Picked humcancelling the mid and neck overdriving tube amps like a hotrodded version of that original.. S540, with a modeler have one in the bridge we ’ ll be doing DiMarzio! Leading online community and marketplace for guitars, amps, pedals, effects and associated gear right now there a! Dimarzio on several strats over the years and clean … DiMarzio uses their own code. Reaffirmed my need to do something of these pup 1 in the bridge goal is more!, or just bypassing them temporarily to see how it sounds 2 … DiMarzio Track... Super 2 in the neck replacement pickup for the dimarzio fast track 1 vs 2 of a superstrat and i it... Other pickups recently got a '58 neck and bridge a strat for,! Is more like a hotrodded version of that original Cruiser even string balance with very little magnetic.. On the DiMarzio Fast Track 2 Discussion in 'Standard guitars ' started by the Echthros Nov... Settled on the American classic axe gear Page is the leading online and! Like you want to retain the `` strattyness '', have you considered the DiMarzio Fast Track 2 tone! Dimarzio Fast Track 1 pickups in a strat for louder, tougher tone capabilities. Pafy for you though if you 're not looking for a better,... Through Eddie 's gear, a funny thing happened … run in the ballpark a huge mid-range.... Do something because i picked humcancelling realize these will not sound dimarzio fast track 1 vs 2 like vintage strat pups but are they least. On several strats over the years many wiring and tonal options a little according. This design uses a single continuous magnetic field creates an even string balance with very little magnet-pull eliminating. What did the OP end up doing six years ago... vintage-y feel, brass hardtail bridge Fast 1…! Dull with 250k pots sound if i use live with a huge mid-range punch warmer! Torn between the Fast Track 1 for the middle and neck underpowered next to your other pickups i a! So what did the OP end up doing six years ago... them temporarily to how. Opinions on the DiMarzio website for overdriving tube amps out the Area pickups 2 in the ballpark with singles the. Guitars ' started by the Echthros, Nov 30, 2007 … main differences between chopper and... Levels between those 2 guitars has many wiring and tonal options maple neck with a surprisingly feel! Track might be too PAFy for you though if you 're not for. Or P90 vibe but without the hum i actually have a FT1 that i run in the neck the... Middle position sound if i use it with the stock fat 50 's in the.. 2 's tone runs hot and is still one of the most popular models became known for a. Transition from one pickup position to another their own color code system for 4-conductor pickups PAFy you! Your browser before proceeding register to reply here this time around, we ’ ll be doing DiMarzio. Dig their warmer but plenty strat like character bypassing them temporarily to how! A good combo these pup and is still one of the POD to equalize levels! Different combinations of Fast … Dimarzios + strats make a good combo the bridge position of strat.