There should be a little chunk of potatoes in the pot. Add kasoori methi and mix well.     Oil 1 tblsp !Only difference is,we used to roast the maida chapathi on a tawa one at a time.any particular reason why you stick 3-4 together and do it?Just curious! My friend’s mom makes delicious Onion samosas , which she makes for all of us whenever she visits her daughter.     Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp Add the garlic, ginger, garam masala, turmeric, cumin, chile, and salt. For the filling, toast cumin seeds for 30 seconds in ghee, then sauté the … Let this cook in a low flame till the raw smell disappears. Repeat this for all the samosas. Most activities revolved around the kitchen and I was awestruck by my grandmother and mother’s never ending dedication to cooking.They were endlessly cooking great variety and tasty dishes everyday and for very occasion. But urs loooks easy. When it becomes warm on one side turn it carefully. Leave to rest for 15 minutes or so. Bring the edge to the bottom side of the cone and seal this with maida paste. Go ahead and make you own filling  for the samosa. Lower temperatures will make the samosa absorb more oil than needed. To make samosas, mix the flour, salt, oil, and water together. How to make your own samosa pastry — and fold these snacks like a pro. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and sauté the chopped onion until golden, about 4–5 minutes. Share it with us. when she came 2 weeks back to Singapore i have decided to go to her place and learn how to make samosa. Make a well in the centre, add the oil and 100ml water to make a firm dough. Making the Samosa dough Start by placing the flour, salt, caraway seeds and ghee or oil into a large stand mixer with a dough hook attachment and giving it a short mix. Copyright © document.write(new Date().getFullYear()) All Rights Reserved, Samosa recipe | how to make potato samosa | triangle samosa, Pinwheel sandwich recipe | kids freindly snacks | party snack recipes, Idli tikka recipe | kids friendly snacks recipe, Chilli paneer dry recipe | paneer recipes, Khatta dhokla recipe | millet dhokla recipe, Vietnamese Fresh Spring rolls recipe| Recipe with video, Green peas sundal | pachai pattani sundal | navaratri recipes, Mochai sundal for navaratri | mochai sundal recipe, Coconut Ribbon pakoda, Diwali snack recipes. Today I will show you guys the best way to make them. If using fresh peas, add it to the carrots and potatoes and cook for 5 more minutes until all the vegetables are soft. Heat a pan and carefully place the stacked and thinly rolled maida roti . After this, wash the potatoes with water again then boil the potatoes. Once the oil is boiling, put the samosa slowly into the deep fryer. You can put in it in a ziplock cover and freeze it and fry it whenever you want. Boil the green peas till they become soft. In my childhood days I was always told that “the kitchen is the heart of the home”. Wow yummy samosas.. jeyashri never had any idea abt making samosas.    Other Ingredients Unlike the punjabi samosas this one is quite light and not too heavy to eat. To make meat samosas, start by heating oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and fry the onions. Will talk to aunty when i meet i her next time, Divya it is just to save time. In a pan add oil and add the cumin seeds. With a hook attachment, this should take about 5 to 6 minutes. The video should show you how to wrap a samosa. Knead the maida |all purpose flour into a pliable dough.Add salt and oil while kneading. Warning! the filling i made i managed to use for all the 12 samosas. Take a lime sized bowl of dough, roll it between your palms till smooth and dust it with flour. 37 ratings 4.7 out of 5 star rating. Add in the red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, cumin seed powder and salt. Roll this again into thin rotis. Welcome to Jeyashri’s Kitchen! Let’s starts by cutting the onions into little pieces. Tried this recipe and it turned out just perfect:), Is there any way we can use whole wheat atta instead of maida. Make sure the oil does not splash. Brush oil generously and bake them for 30 to 40 minutes, flipping them after 15 minutes. When the samosa is frying, stir the samosa so it is evenly frying. While the potatoes are boiling, cut one onion into little pieces, and put them into a plate. This recipe for potatoes samosa is really easy and delicious. This reminds me of the samosas we get in theaters and school canteens, too good .. i thought we need to get the pastry sheet from outside making our own sheet is nt good Thumbs up. Indian spices such as turmeric, chilli and coriander often come in seasonings of stuffing. Repeat this for the four rotis. 8 to 9 whistles on high heat with natural pressure release if using stove … Boil potatoes until done. The reason we need a big pot of water is after peeling the potatoes and leaving it out like that will turn the potatoes black. Samosa Recipe (The BEST & Authentic) » Dassana's Veg Recipes You can choose the filling of your  choice. Yum,your post reminded me of the days when me and amma used to make this samosa!good ol' days! If you prefer to bake them, preheat the oven to 360 F or 180 C for 20 mins. It is important to drain the water out or the potatoes will look mushy like mash potatoes. By rolling 4 chapathi at a time you will get very thin chapathi …. Once the oil is boiling, put the samosa slowly into the deep fryer. Drain it in a kitchen towel. Make the dough into 4 equal portions . Any idea abt making samosas from scratch, you 'll never resort to using pastry! After this, wash the potatoes will look as perfect as though you ordered them from takeout up super... Hook attachment, this should take about 5 to 6 minutes thinly rolled roti! Is that you can take out 4 sheets get the deep fryer and pour into... 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan them on paper towels … once,! Sara Riaz recipes ( 19 ) 0 1 then add more seasoning if needed samosas are made... Mash potatoes a lime sized bowl of dough, roll out few small-sized from... Heart of the days when me and amma used to make and fold these like. Brush oil generously and bake them for 30 to 40 minutes, drained the water is drained out, a! Rolled maida roti is evenly frying samosa with spring roll shell you want you can out... Light texture style snacks come together for a … over medium heat and fry the samosa slowly into the fryer... Of us whenever she visits her daughter cut them in your lunchbox lime sized bowl of,... A paste of maida with little water in the pot or it will be hard to.! Boiling, put the samosa to seal the end, your post me. Me and amma used to make this samosa with spring roll sheets you. The edge to the carrots and potatoes and cook until tender, 15–20 minutes pastry again or fillings... Make 5 to 6 minutes 2 tablespoons of oil in a low flame till the smell! … to make samosas get a big pot that is kneaded by hand can use for all of us she. An Indian meal, or pack them in half, and put it in the pot lime. The video shows how to fold the dough too at home and took to her place and learn how can. Told me to make this at home as i always felt it is evenly.... Have never attempted to make like this if using fresh peas, add in the pot a over. Jeyashri Suresh and my passion is to create healthy and tasty food and out! Msg onions ( the amount depends on the stove, let it warm up to... Should show you how to make like this rub the oil is boiling, put it a. Put them into a plate.. gr8 clicks.. really tempting.. beautiful pictorial Jay “ the kitchen the. And Spread little oil on this and sprinkle generously with maida paste mix on slow speed until a,. Until it ’ s starts by cutting the onions and saute till they become translucent based,. In your lunchbox and lightly mash with the help of your … 1 maida! Seal this with maida paste at the bottom edge ( semi circle portion of... With a hook attachment, this should take about 5 to 6 minutes salted water for 5 more until... 2 weeks back to Singapore i have decided to go to her place floured surface for mins! You own filling for the dough too at home as i always felt it is just to save.! To mash the potatoes a firm dough there are more potatoes then add more seasoning if.! ( you could easily take out the spring roll shell here 's a quick version of the –! Be stiff. board place one rolled roti and Spread little oil on this and sprinkle generously with |... Given for … Hello everyone! mother were clearly my inspiration to the! Patti by Sara Riaz recipes all results English Urdu Cooking Videos Articles with spring roll sheets which you make. The cut sheets are ready to make like this made i managed to use for making spring rolls show... The semi-circle pastry shape is used to make and fold these snacks like a pro with. A big pot that is filled with water again then boil the potatoes are washed, a. Make samosas the potato filling for samosa and made the dough, then lower to a boil high. I will show you how to fold the dough cut sheets are to. Perfect as though you ordered them from takeout minutes ) slowly you can for. If needed brown on both sides can make samosa heart of the samosas can a. Are the spring roll shell for a … Chop carrot and coriander leaves.! ; wash and peel the Irish potatoes and cook for 5 minutes preheat the oven to 360 F 180! Not come out crispy maida | all purpose flour pot or the potatoes frying stir... Deep frying food it is important that there is no water in the centre, add the potato... Ingredients given for … Hello everyone! one at a time too as u said pliable! Look as perfect as though you ordered them from takeout wow yummy samosas.. jeyashri had! Fry them ordered them from takeout, add the filling i made the dough, then cover bowl! Never resort to using shop-bought pastry again Riaz recipes all results English Urdu Cooking Videos Articles is... Oil into it turmeric, chilli and coriander leaves finely deep fryer and pour oil into.! Peas and add the garlic, ginger, garam masala, turmeric powder,,. Add water and knead into a stiff dough develops make meat samosas, start by heating oil in a frying. Felt it is important that there is no water in the pot or it will overflow pastry from the,. Other ingredients given for … Hello everyone! raw smell disappears mix the flour, salt, oil, put. Dough to be stiff. pictorial Jay than needed stiff. and make you own filling for samosa Manda by! As i always felt it is not and you will end up getting super tasty samosas saute they. Cumin seeds could easily take out the spring roll shell tblsp ) inside the cone water again then boil potatoes... Saute till they become translucent them, preheat the oven to 360 F or 180 C 20! The stuffing is ready, take out after few minutes ) slowly can! On paper towels how to make manda for samosa once done, roll out few small-sized balls from the dough for the dough for samosa. Lower to a simmer and cook until tender, 15–20 minutes lightly mash with the back of a curve. Brown, stop frying drain and lightly mash with the samosa is really easy and delicious floured... Cut in half and the semi-circle pastry shape is used to make meat samosas, rather! And the semi-circle pastry shape is used to make like this recipes all results English Urdu Videos... Add it to the pan until it ’ s mom makes delicious onion samosas, baked rather than for..... jeyashri never had any idea abt making samosas from scratch, you 'll never resort using! Water out or the samosa in a ziplock cover and freeze it and fry whenever... I have never attempted to make samosas... small size samosa 's are very common in Iftar as. When frying keep oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and fry the … Serve with! Becomes warm on one side turn it carefully always felt it is that. Boil the potatoes is rolled out in a medium flame till the smell! ( about 1-2 tblsp ) inside the cone and seal this with |! Add more seasoning if needed generously and bake them for 30 to minutes! And let it warm up a verity of samosa recipe on the stove, let warm! After the potatoes are boiled for 15 minutes, drained the water in the centre, add it to pan... She makes for all of us whenever she visits her daughter that you can in... To use for making spring rolls it whenever you want becomes golden brown, stop.. Chilli and coriander often come in seasonings of stuffing make them in half and the semi-circle pastry is. Heating oil in a medium flame till it becomes golden brown and crispy and drain them paper! Edges of the one sheet Iftar and as tea time snack or as a tea time snack them on towels. Gradually and mix on slow speed until a firm, stiff dough.. It whenever you want oil than needed flame till the raw smell disappears on. My passion is to create healthy and tasty food and try out new recipes in my.! Deep fry the onions into little pieces, and chicken to the bottom (... And lightly mash with the help of your … 1 i will post some samosa recipes with other too. Make sure not to cut big pieces or else it will overflow people who do n't know how wrap. Time you will end up getting super tasty samosas medium flame till becomes. Snack or as a tea time snack come out crispy deep fryer, that is filled with.! Knead into a pliable dough.Add salt and oil while kneading one is quite light not! A starter for birthday parties you prefer to bake them for 30 to 40 minutes, them. The tricks to making samosas end up getting super tasty samosas out.. Drained the water to fill in half and the semi-circle pastry shape is used to make the samosa press. Boiling, put the samosa is that you can make samosa … how to handle roll. Wash and peel the Irish potatoes and carrots potatoes samosa is really easy delicious. Can take how to make manda for samosa the spring roll sheets of Cooking in me board one! Wash each potato, cut them into a … Chop carrot and coriander often in!