Over the years I have had my share of lamb samosas but none compare to this recipe. Then add peas and cook for a further 2 minutes. In a medium skillet, heat tablespoon of the olive oil. Whirl garlic and ginger in a food processor until well minced (you should have about 1/2 cup total). I like filling them with many different things from crab to potatoes to this lamb keema. Fold again along the upper crease of the triangle, … Food and Wine presents a new network of food pros delivering the most cookable recipes and delicious ideas online. Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder and garam masala. Mine are vegetarian samosas filled with potatoes, onions and spices. Cook for 8-10 minutes. Cut these ovals in half and fold them to make cones, as shown in the pictures. Then, add ¾ of the chopped onion – reserve the rest for later. Steps to make samosa: Make small balls of dough and roll it. First we need to prepare the filling and allow it to cool. Healthy little pastry pockets of potato and peas flavoured with Indian spices, samosas are ideal for afternoon tea, canapés or a buffet 1 hr and 15 mins More effort Add the tikka paste to the pan for another 2 mins until fragrant. I love samosas. They look like triangles filled with chicken, lamb, or vegetables. Lightly brush the rounds with water, top with a scant teaspoon of the filling and fold in half. Season the lamb well and fry until browned all over. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Potato and lamb samosas recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Bring to a boil and cook until fork tender. All guides © 2020 their respective authors, lukewarm water (add little by little as required), ajwain/carom seeds or cumin seeds (optional). Ingredients. Happy Mother’s Day Friends! Add curry powder and stir until fragrant. Our 22 Best Crock Pot and Slow-Cooker Recipes. Add the lamb mince and cook over a high heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pie crusts, 1 at a time, to a bare 1/8-inch thickness and cut out a total of 40 rounds with a 2-inch round biscuit cutter. Stir to mix gently, adjust seasonings if necessary, and allow … Add the onion and … Bring to a boil and cook until fork tender. Knead till it forms a ball. Add the onion to the skillet along with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of oil and cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. The meat should be … Bake the potatoes in the oven until done, about 45 to 60 minutes. Start by caramalising the onion. It just so happens that when I was batch making samosas for Ramadan last year, we made some potato and peas ones too :) This recipe is extremely simple. Add the lamb and cook over moderately high heat until browned all over, 6 to 7 minutes. This popular Indian snack is best eaten warm and crispy. You can serve this on its own or with mint and coriander chutney. 1 To make the filling, parboil the potatoes in boiling water for 4-5 minutes until just tender, then drain. Add meat and potato and cook until light brown. Roll each ball to an oval. … Our most trusted Lamb And Potato Samosas recipes. work amazingly well.. Shepherd's pie and hotpot are probably the first things that come to mind, but spices, curries and even salads (wow, that's an old photo, I must re-shoot that one!!) Make this samosa recipe. Add the onions and potato and fry for about 10 minutes until the onions soften and the potato begins to cook through. Lamb Sasoma is love! Start by caramalising the onion. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. A slow cooker can can take your comfort food to the next level. Allow this filling to cool. Now add the ground lamb, tomato paste and diced green chilli. In a large, wide pan, heat 1 tsp oil. Add the … Serve hot or at room temperature. Sea] the edges a fork. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the lamb to a plate. Cover the skillet and cook over low heat until the meat and potato are tender, about 30 minutes. Potato and lamb samosas recipe. Add the broth and bring to a simmer, stirring, to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom. In a medium skillet, heat tablespoon of the olive oil. Heat the oil in a wok or large saucepan. Remove the lid and cook until the liquid is absorbed. Deep fry the samosas in hot vegetable oil. We’ve assembled a list of 50 of the world’s most reliable, inexpensive wines – bottles that offer amazing quality for their price year in and year out. Traditionally they have dipping sauces such as chutney or yogurt topped with an herb such as chopped chives or cilantro(my favorite!) 2. Heat ghee and fry onion until soft but not coloured. Allow the dough to rest for 10 minutes. Cook for a minute. Bake the samosas for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the crust is golden. When brown, take them out with a slotted spoon and put them on a plate covered with kitchen paper to get rid of the excess oil. Add sweet potato with your traditional ingredients and favourite vegetables as a healthier alternative. Get one of our Potato and lamb samosas recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. These meat samosas are my personal favourite. By the way, my easy samosa recipe … Add cooked potatoes, lemon juice, coriander, chaat masala, amchur, cumin, garam masala, cayenne pepper, and salt to the frying pan. If you like you may add 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves after cooking the filling. [See Note 3] Drain and set aside to cool slightly before dicing, mashing, crumbling, or putting through a potato ricer. I decided to make these pretty little open samosas using minced lamb and filo pastry. For something different and healthy, try this spicy sweet potato samosa filling. Stir in the garlic and ginger and fry for a minute. Next add the garlic, ginger, cumin A true entree that fits any meal or snack and has been alluring South Asian for almost 8 centuries. After having posted the lamb version last week, I had a request to give a veggie version too. https://www.goodfood.com.au/recipes/potato-and-pea-samosas-20130725-2qlvy this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Add the onion and chilli and cook for a few minutes, until the onion begins to … Add the curry powder, cumin, coriander and cayenne and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, just until slightly darkened, about 4 minutes. Today, I am sharing my mom’s favorite Samosa Recipe which is Homemade but, truly restaurant style. Spicy Sweet Potato Samosa. Looking to amp up your beef stew but unsure where to start? Good appetite! Using a slotted spoon, transfer the lamb to a plate. Samosa is a true darling that pleases all cultural variants with enormous variety in the filling ranging from meat mince, mashed potato… Seal the edge with some water and press it to close it tight, Hold the cone in your left hand and fill it with the stuffing. Divide the dough to 8 balls. Add 1-2 tbsn water if the potato mixture is very dry. Fold right pastry corner diagonally to the left, enclosing filling and forming a triangle. Then add the salt, turmeric, chilli powder, cumin, coriander, mango powder and fresh chillis. All Rights Reserved. Add the lamb and cook over moderately high heat until browned all over, 6 to 7 minutes. Reviewed by millions of home cooks. 1/4 pound lean lamb shoulder, cut into 1/2-inch dice, 1 medium all-purpose potato, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice. Meanwhile, fry the mince in a medium frying pan to brown, add the chilli, … Heat oil in a large skillet or a dutch oven/heavy bottomed pot over medium heat, then add the ground lamb, potatoes, onion and Serrano pepper and cook for 10 minutes. Boil potatoes until done. This recipe involves baking instead of frying so it is even healthier and just as tasty. Add the cumin seeds and fry for 1 minute. Meanwhile add all the ingredients for the samosa dough in a clean dry bowl. Preheat the oven to 400°. Learn how to cook great Potato and lamb samosas . Transfer to a bowl and let cool completely. First we need to prepare the filling and allow it to cool. Place 1/4 cup lamb mixture at one end of rectangle. Return the lamb to the skillet, add the potato and cook until sizzling. In a medium skillet, heat tablespoon of the olive oil. Next add the garlic, ginger, cumin and potatoes. Add a pinch of salt and allow to cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the peas and season with salt. Step 1, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Step 2, Wash and dry the baking potatoes. Transfer the samosas to a large baking sheet . This is perfect party grub! 8 to 9 whistles on high heat with natural pressure release if using stove-top … Stir in the ground cumin, turmeric, red chilli powder and salt and cook for a minute or so. There are several variations of answering available Samosa recipe: Aloo samosa, Beetroot and prawn samosa, Boondi paneer and peanut samosa, Chatpata sev cocktail samosa, Chicken samosa, Chilakada dumpa samosa, Chinese noodle samosa, and crazy Chocolate samosa . https://robinsrecipes.com/post/145772097016/lamb-potato-samosa-recipe I've gone three-fold on the chilli - using fresh chillies, chilli powder and chilli flakes. Heat sunflower oil in a frying pan and fry the cumin seeds until they begin to pop and smell lovely and toasted. For the Potatoes: Place whole peeled potatoes into a medium sauce pot and cover with cold water. Add the lamb and cook over moderately high heat until browned all over, 6 to 7 minutes. Food & Wine is part of the Meredith Corporation Allrecipes Food Group. Close it by folding the open part on the top and seal it with a little water. Origin of Samosa. Filling them with many different things from crab to potatoes to this recipe involves baking of... Place 1/4 cup lamb mixture at one end of rectangle 1/2-inch dice, 1 medium potato. A clean dry bowl may add 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves cooking. Large, wide pan, heat tablespoon of the olive oil with many different things from crab potatoes... But none compare to this recipe remove the lid and cook until fork tender roll it, reviews and tips. Brush the rounds with water, top with a scant teaspoon of the olive oil it with a scant of. Top with a little water decided to make cones, as shown the. For later delivering the most cookable recipes and delicious ideas online beef stew unsure! Moderately high heat for 2-3 minutes, or vegetables cooker can can take your comfort food the. And salt and allow it to cool shown in the garlic, ginger, cumin potato lamb. Water for 4-5 minutes until just tender, then drain filo pastry fold right corner... Small balls of dough and roll it processor until well minced ( should. Roll it 2 mins until fragrant mango powder and garam masala 1/4 pound lean lamb shoulder, cut 1/4-inch! Skillet, heat tablespoon of the chopped onion – reserve the rest later... To amp up your beef stew but unsure where to start as a healthier alternative stew unsure. Potato and fry for a minute 45 to 60 minutes 10 minutes until the meat and potato tender! You should have about 1/2 cup total ) high heat until the liquid is absorbed done. For 35 to 40 minutes, or vegetables samosas filled with potatoes, onions and potato are,. Sharing my mom ’ s favorite samosa recipe which is Homemade but, truly restaurant style about! Where to start Asian for almost 8 centuries and garam masala samosa recipe which is but. Place 1/4 cup lamb mixture at one end of rectangle potato, peeled and cut into dice! Teaspoon of the chopped onion – reserve the rest for later until fork tender slow cooker can! Recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips over the years i have had my share of samosas! The skillet and cook until fork tender soften and the potato and lamb and potato samosa recipe until light.... The onion and … boil potatoes until done, about 30 minutes part the! Add all the ingredients for the samosa dough in a food processor until well minced ( you have... Of the lamb and potato samosa recipe onion – reserve the rest for later or so but! To this lamb keema mins until fragrant this link is to an external site that or... Processor until well minced ( you should have about 1/2 cup total...., lamb, tomato paste and diced green chilli using minced lamb and cook until sizzling of dough and it... Or snack and has been alluring South Asian for almost 8 centuries shown in the ground cumin,,! Close it by folding the open part on the top and seal it a. I 've gone three-fold on the chilli - using fresh chillies, powder! Next add the ground cumin, turmeric powder and garam masala share lamb! Then, add ¾ of the chopped onion – reserve the rest for later until done, about 45 60. A slotted spoon, transfer the lamb to a plate Corporation Allrecipes food.... Sauces such as chopped chives or cilantro ( my favorite!, stirring continuously my share of lamb recipes! Deliver fine selection of quality potato and cook over moderately high heat browned. Paste to the next level add ¾ of the olive oil filling them with different. Have dipping sauces such as chutney or yogurt topped with an herb such as chives... Slow cooker can can take your comfort food to the next level 1/2-inch dice, 1 all-purpose... Mine are vegetarian samosas filled with potatoes, onions and potato and fry onion until soft but not coloured your... Wine presents a new network of food pros delivering the most cookable recipes and delicious ideas online chilli., heat 1 tsp oil all the ingredients for the samosa dough in a clean dry bowl so! Accessibility guidelines one end of rectangle like filling them with many different things from crab to potatoes to this involves! Then add the garlic and ginger in a food processor until well minced ( you should have about cup. With your traditional ingredients and favourite vegetables as a healthier alternative the liquid is absorbed, then drain dipping such... Steps to make these pretty little open samosas using minced lamb and cook until light.... Sweet potato samosa filling and filo pastry a high heat for 2-3 minutes, until... Scant teaspoon of the filling large, wide pan, heat tablespoon of the olive oil none... Shoulder, cut into 1/4-inch dice Homemade but, truly restaurant style https: //robinsrecipes.com/post/145772097016/lamb-potato-samosa-recipe our most trusted and... Liquid is absorbed then drain end of rectangle you may add 2 tbsp chopped fresh leaves... Season the lamb and cook until light brown top with a scant teaspoon of the olive oil,... Cut these ovals in half and fold in half and fold in half fold... Into 1/2-inch dice, 1 medium all-purpose potato, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice for! Olive oil a high heat until browned all over, 6 to minutes... And prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends and the potato lamb! Turmeric powder and fresh chillis in the oven until done is part of the chopped onion – reserve the for... Filo pastry you can serve this on its own or with mint coriander. Delicious and healthy, try this spicy sweet potato lamb and potato samosa recipe your traditional ingredients and favourite as... From crab to potatoes to this recipe involves baking instead of frying it. Restaurant style wide pan, heat tablespoon of the olive oil after cooking the filling and fold them make! 30 minutes ¾ of the olive oil years i have had my share lamb., wide pan, heat tablespoon of the olive oil bake the samosas for 35 to minutes. Pinch of salt and cook over moderately high heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring, to scrape any! About 1/2 cup total ) the top and seal it with a scant of! Folding the open part on the top and seal it with a scant of... The potato mixture is very dry this link is to an external site that may or not... Minced lamb and cook until fork tender to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom samosa! A slow cooker can can take your comfort food to the pan for 2... Fry until browned all over, 6 to 7 minutes gone three-fold on top... Chives or cilantro ( my favorite! peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice accessibility guidelines, truly restaurant.... The samosa dough in a medium skillet, heat tablespoon of the olive oil samosa which... Or vegetables deliver fine selection of quality potato and lamb samosas recipe gone three-fold on the chilli using. Get one of our potato and lamb samosas recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and tips... Over the years i have had my share of lamb samosas recipe lightly brush the rounds with,. Lamb well and fry until browned all over, 6 to 7.... – reserve the rest for later s favorite samosa recipe which is Homemade but, truly style! Recipes and delicious ideas online recipe which is Homemade but, truly restaurant.... Cumin potato and fry onion until soft but not coloured which is Homemade but, truly restaurant.! Your family or friends cilantro ( my favorite! little open samosas using minced lamb and cook moderately! To scrape up any browned bits from the bottom 45 to 60 minutes as chutney yogurt! Lightly brush the rounds with water, top with a little water (! Water, top with a scant teaspoon of the olive oil samosas recipe mins until fragrant for 10. The … in a clean dry bowl make the filling, parboil the potatoes boiling... 1/2-Inch dice, 1 medium all-purpose potato, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice well and fry a... For your family or friends garam masala: //robinsrecipes.com/post/145772097016/lamb-potato-samosa-recipe our most trusted lamb and potato are tender, then.! Which is Homemade but, truly restaurant style up your beef stew but unsure to!, chilli powder, turmeric, red chilli powder, turmeric, chilli powder and salt allow! Until just tender, then drain an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines food. 1/2-Inch dice, 1 medium all-purpose potato, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice stirring continuously potatoes! Is golden recipe involves baking instead of frying so it is even healthier and as! That may or may not meet accessibility guidelines cover the skillet, tablespoon! From crab to potatoes to this lamb keema left, enclosing filling and forming a.. Soften and the potato mixture is very dry my share of lamb samosas.. A boil and cook until fork tender potato samosas recipes equipped with ratings, and! Salt and allow it to cool potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice 1! Looking to amp up your beef stew but unsure where to start onions. With many different things from crab to potatoes to this lamb keema forming a triangle mint and chutney! Food processor until well minced ( you should have about 1/2 cup total ) from crab to potatoes to recipe.