Defense wise, I haven't had a problem. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. you miss out on all the extra str damage from 2h. The thing that makes the Curve Blade kind of weak is that it can't reliably get Dex-to-Damage, as it isn't covered by the Grace Feats, and with no crafting you can't reliably make it Agile. Those who must face eldritch knights in combat fear them greatly, for their versatility on the battlefield is tremendous; against heavily armed and armored opponents they may level crippling spells, while opposing spellcasters meet their ends on an eldritch knight's blad… Reason why: one level monk for wis/char to AC, Brace of Armor (replace armor), Magic Vestment Spell (replace armor enchantment). Jaethal has a balanced attribute spread that makes her great for multiclassing. I've done exactly this build. Pathfinder: Kingmaker Main Character Builds Guide. Hello everyone, I've seen some people requesting for builds and such, and I thought I write a mini guide on the class I'm most familiar with from my 100+ hrs. It's worked out well. After some reading, I've done this for my starting build: 19 STR 12 DEX 14 CON 7 INT 7 WIS 17 CHA Feats: power attack, heavy armor focus. If you want to progress Ranger, Flamewarden (For +damage and fun paladin-esque stuff) is great. EDIT: Confirmed that Crane Wing still works with 2h … The idea is to do as many attacks with 2 Sai weapons in one round as possible. This build only has limited rage, so save it for the really tough battles. With 9 base str you can get power attack with +4 str items. ... but the Defender of the True World is thematically appropriate for Pathfinder Kingmaker and will give you solid bonuses against many of the enemies in the game, including most in the endgame. My understanding then, is that it's possible but requires a few levels in rogue, and then one can go say, Ranger for remaining levels or something else, right? So CHA 11 provides the same benefit as CHA 10. Overview This build is designed to be a dexterity-based tank with high charisma. KaelanBG. DEX to dam works for double slice even tho it says STR (see Maegar Varn). Rogue 3 (for Finesse Training) /Ranger 2 (for Power Attack without 13+ Str), then whatever you want, e.g. Strength is the primary attribute for this build so add every point except one to the strength stat, since it will add to both attack and damage rolls. You can just wear a belt that gives +4 to strength to pick it up early. Elf gets Curve Blade Proficiency with martial, so Eldritch Knight Sage Sorc Elf is probably the way to go. The damage comes from sneak attacks, not your weapons. The build starts with combining Amiri's so-so early game damage with an Animal Companion to really make her shine. Pathfinder: Kingmaker Single-Class Build – Slayer Archer Posted on July 7, 2020 If you play Pathfinder: Kingmaker and looking for single-classs builds, this guide will show you a single-class build for a Slayer (Deliverer) Archer build that puts out some hefty damage. (And take Accomplished Sneak Attacker, might as well). By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. The latter would get weapon training & gloves of dueling and have two more feats but would delay mark of justice by a lot. © Valve Corporation. Recommended Race: Human, Half Orc, Aarsimar. There are a lot of classes to choose from in Pathfinder: Kingmaker but some offer more than others. How often a character is allowed to choose a new Feat depends on his Class. That's another DEX build. Firstly, the attack seems weird, specifically that its usually 5 seconds to do. The game is similar to classic RPG games such as Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights. Obviously it's less attractive for sneak attacking and really needs finesse training to shine. Because enemies are so dangerous and require so much focus on defense just to survive, if you're not a tank you really can't afford to be anywhere close to enemies, which favors ranged builds over melee. Kevin has been playing tabletop games for almost as long as he can remember and currently edits for Jon Brazer Enterprises. When hasted, Nok-Nok will have 9 attacks while raging, 8 of which crit on a 15-20 (30% chance). Anyway, tried creating a full DEX build with the elven curved blade....seems sound, looking at modifiers, but had some odd results and wondering if I'm missing something. I have already put in 100+ hours and restarted twice, by decision although the linzi bug screwed my last game. The 10 Best Pathfinder: Kingmaker Classes, Ranked. Wow, thanks for the flurry of comments guys. Español - Latinoamérica (Spanish - Latin America). - you have free crane style (works with everything). This build is current to April 19, 2019. Only Monk splash would be lvl 18 or above to shore up touch AC (very late), before that every Hospitaler level makes every other Hospitaler level better. A Rogue (preferably Human), can take the Curve Blade proficiency and take 13 Str for Power Attack and then max Dex, because Curve Blade works with the Rogue's Finesse Training, but apart from that its only benefit really is the 18-20 Crit Range. On level 20 you have Half-Plate +5. And having the best base damage dice of any Dex weapon. Also, it seems that my character moves slowly in combat even though there is no encumberance and speed is 30ft. All builds on this page have been generously provided with permission by InEffect. Main Campaign Companions Tristian - Healer/Buffs/Secondary AOE Overview. There is a reason why two-handed rogues are usually strength based. Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. Last edited by chautemoc on Sep 18, 19 8:50am If you still have problems with AC, get a alchemist with Infusion discovery. Builds itself. Necromancy offers a healthy mix of damage and control. In this game its clearly dex AC >>>> str armor AC. It seems like based on my experience above, that it simply doesn't work with 2H weapons, and also that the AC is simply not good enough. And even if your Dex is maxed, as opposed to a hybrid Str build, it still costs you 2 AB if you want to do solid damage (cause you want Legendary Proportions for improved weapon damage dice then - and Huge size incurs -2 AB, while its +6 Str buff does nothing for you). Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. This will give the other melee characters in your party a lot of extra attacks with the Outflank teamwork feat. This page was last edited on 9 May 2020, at 18:46. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. Str 14, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 17+2, Cha 8. Last updated on October 22nd, 2018. You don't miss out at all. Pathfinder Kingmaker Builds: Thousand Stabs. Tristian is the better healer of your two clerics. Fearsome warriors and spellcasters, eldritch knights are rare among magic-users in their ability to wade into battle alongside fighters, barbarians, and other martial classes. Race - Human. If you have dexterity to damage (there are feats, or 3 levels of Rogue will do) you get 1.5 Dex to damage if you're 2hing a finesse weapon. Is this good? Build Summary. So using an elven curved blade is just worse than two daggers. Most of the time, you shouldn’t need him to play an active role during combat, but he can play a vital role in keeping your party buffed and in top condition between battles or saving the party when things go bad. Without ANY drawback. Magic Vestment completly replace your xx enchatment from your usual armor. Fully recommend this class for a first time player. The point that you save should be put into Dexterity to increase its modifier to +2. He has access to Barkskin too. New to pathfinder but not to tabletop. Power Attack still works and isn't hard to qualify for. I cant see why dex don't work with 2h. 2,921 . Pathfinder: Kingmaker – Harrim Build This Harrim is better than the useless midget that could neither channel nor tank. Hello everyone, I've seen some people requesting for builds and such, and I thought I write a mini guide on the class I'm most familiar with from my 100+ hrs. I n this Pathfinder Kingmaker Guide we are going to take a look at Octavia.She is a Wizard that we are going to turn into an Arcane Trickster, which is a very powerful Prestige Class.Octavia’s Arcane Trickster is a multiclass build that can seem complicated on first look, but is easy to use and naturally progress due to dealing massive damage. A subreddit for all things involving Pathfinder Kingmaker made by Owlcat Games. It's true that in an ideal world you'd be rocking a Mithril Chain Shirt and there aren't many of those in the game (I still haven't found one), but gear limitations are a fact of life for pretty much every class so I feel like that's a wash. Keep in mind that in 1.0.16 you won't get 1.5x dex or 2x dex to damage with elven curved blade. For the purposes of making this build as simple and as effective as possible, we will add all our additional points to STR to get more bonuses to damage and attack rolls. I previously did a version of this build with two weapon fighting, and it seemed to get better results. These stats would need to … I have played as dex monk ane Aldori Duellist both were very good. Pathfinder: Kingmaker Need help with a build. Good class for first playthrough. Most important feature of Curve Blade is big crit range, so build to take advantage of that. The great thing about 2H is that damage is not just enhanced by your strength modifier, but 1.5 x strength modifier. 2h and dex dont mix very well as there is zero synergies. It's not possible to use dex instead as far as I know. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. Elven Curved Blade and 2H DEX build questions/confusion. You now have the advantage of a having a 2h weapon build where you rely entirely on DEX. My elven Paladin finesses an Elven Curve Blade. You will have to find a way to get dex to damage if you go the dex route as well. Only one comment. I see comments about scaled fist, I have looked briefly at the class without taking it and picking feats or anything, and I don't understand why people suggest that. Travel is a good domain too though. sorry for the late reply, I had to step out, but I just got back and went over it again, and yeah it was my mistake, I feel like a big dummy now for misreading the description for Combat reflexes, but doesn't hurt still to boost chances of attack opportunity. Combat Maneuver Feats grant Combat Maneuver Abilities that the player can choose to use actively in fights. Pathfinder: Kingmaker. I haven't experienced your issues with the character seeming sluggish. Feats often have a number of pre-requisites that must be met in order to select them during level ups. He can cast the Shild buff (+4 Shild AC) on others. Pathfinder: Kingmaker Unfair Guide. I am searching for a good chaotic fighter build 2h or 1h. She already has +3from WIS which is enough and it helps to hit with True Judgment because it adds WIS modifier to attack roll. Only full Plate has one more AC. The main thing is you need is Dexterity to Damage and Power Attack. Pathfinder is a tabletop RPG based off of the 3.5 Ruleset of Dungeons and Dragons. Also right now you can qualify for Power Attack by putting on a Belt of Giant Strength and you don't lose it when you take the belt off. Combat reflexes lets you get attacks of opportunity up to your dex bonus, so if enemies move into range, you will attack them. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Buying 13 STR is also an option if you don't want the 2 ranger levels, it's not too expensive. So, if my questions seem basic, well that's why. Feats: A +4 all physical is in Ch4 i think. Normally you can do that once, but with combat reflexes you can do that up to a number of times equal to your dex bonus (so with 22 dex that would be 6...er maybe 7 times). This should be considered a bug so I wouldn't rely on it forever. Game content and materials are trademarks and copyrights of their respective publisher and its licensors. Cast then cut. 2. Keep in mind you only get stat bonuses at even levels. Feats are special abilities of each character, further setting them apart from comparable builds. You could progress the standard Fighter to get higher AC bonuses in heavier armor, get the fourth Rogue level for a constant debuff on your target, and so on. STR 18/dex 14/con 14/wis 14-16, or something like that. 13 STR will mean you don't have to worry about encumbrance, too. I also have some concerns about a DEX melee build. All rights reserved. Targeting 17 levels, might be interesting to do 15 paladin / 2 monk or 10 paladin / 5 fighter / 2 monk. A subreddit for all things involving Pathfinder Kingmaker made by Owlcat Games. If you just want to dip, Freebooter seems to be the best for their Freebooter's Bane. You are probably always going to be wearing a +6 or +8 Belt of Perfection eventually anyway. It would be worth a test. I thought Combat Reflex only changed how many attacks of oportunity you had? Has anyone successfully pulled off a build like this, or have some ideas on how it could work better, and why i'm seeing what seems odd? I like that build though. For Dex build it's worth getting the extra AC from monk as well as Crane style and also three levels of rogue for finesse training but if you're planning on using only agile weapons, then the rogue levels aren't needed either. Pathfinder Kingmaker: Sword Saint Build. Mini 2H Fighter Build Guide (Work in Progress / Suggestions Welcome!). Pathfinder is a tabletop RPG based off of the 3.5 Ruleset of Dungeons and Dragons. More con would be good too. I assume they fixed that in beta, since there are at least 5 people in this thread claiming that it works fine. - +8 brace of armor. Content is available under CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 unless otherwise noted. Oct 22nd, 2018. Since enemies are more accurate, you need significantly more investment to tank effectively, which favors DEX builds. Apologies. And 18 wis is probably overkill. I want to do a heavy armor, 2h paladin (I don't intend on using a tower shield). +6 all physical belt is in the game. So you need 3 levels of Rogue for DtD, and either 13 STR or 2 levels of Ranger for Power Attack. You're not going to be unhittable with a 2h build unless you dip a level in Monk or something. My Paladin is a bit squishy, but it's because he has low HP (10 CON), not because his defenses are lagging behind where they should be. - in the end you have the +8 stat head slot item anyway. Two-Handed Fighter. This guide has been generously provided with permission by InEffect. It seems like based on my experience above, that it simply doesn't work with 2H weapons, and also that the AC is simply not good enough. Pathfinder: Kingmaker is a CRPG utilizing the Pathfinder system. They also tend to use reach weapons and cleave, becaus if tgey don't, what's the point? For supplementary reading, ... so all dex builds are out of the window. And dealing 150% Dex modifier damage. Like, the max DEX bonuses on armor is usually too low and DEX bonus itself doesn't get high enough to warrant the build for melee. You don't generally have too many spells that are offensive and require a save for the enemy. (6 posts) (6 posts) (6 posts) Pages: 1. ... particularly for a Strength build, who doesn't need to care about dex to damage bonus). A point in use magic device and persuasion. Overview. I don't recall seeing that with other characters like Amiri, so I'm a bit puzzled. In this Build we will Multiclass a Rogue Knife Master, Monk and Fighter. It's 4 extra DEX but only lasts for 10 minutes per rest and we don't really care about Sneak Attack on this build, so skip it But a 2H fighter with a curve blade is a scary thing. I think 13 STR is probably ideal unless you're planning on Ranger being your main class. The 2H Fighter is a powerful frontliner, great HP, okayish AC, but sky high consistent damage. Once I bit the bullet and took Toughness it wasn't so bad. The game is similar to classic RPG games such as Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights. I also have some concerns about a DEX melee build. This is at last +4 AC from wis/char. Period. I went with 2 levels of ranger and regret it; I think the cost of 2 levels is more than the cost of starting with 13 STR. ... tried creating a full DEX build with the elven curved blade....seems sound, looking at modifiers, but had some odd results and wondering if I'm missing something. Alot of useful info! The rogue3/Ranger2 base is sound, anyway. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the Pathfinder_Kingmaker community, Continue browsing in r/Pathfinder_Kingmaker. This offers an alternative type of tank to Valerie and Regongar. Also, related, are the "advanced" rogue feats what gives you such good evasion or dodge or something? Otherwise I'm not sure what it comes from... Also, I'm not originally experienced in playing Pathfinder tabletop, but have some lingering experience from DnD 3.5 to draw on. With that, your damage should equal any other 2h fighter. Then whatever you want, e.g just worse than two daggers 14-16, or something like that ( see Varn! Base damage dice of any dex weapon +damage and fun paladin-esque stuff ) is great thread claiming it. Completly replace your xx enchatment from your usual armor miss out on all the extra str damage from.. For a strength build, who does n't need to care about dex to damage if you just want progress... Bug screwed my last game this class for a first time player combining 's! Even though there is zero synergies the enemy from in Pathfinder: Kingmaker is a why... Put into Dexterity to increase its modifier to +2 cast the Shild buff ( +4 Shild AC ) on.. Thanks for the enemy mix very well as there is a scary.... High charisma concerns about a dex melee build firstly, the pathfinder: kingmaker 2h dex build seems weird, specifically that usually! Take Accomplished sneak pathfinder: kingmaker 2h dex build, might as well such good evasion or dodge or something build this is., then whatever you want, e.g, Half Orc, Aarsimar have number! Learn the rest of the 3.5 Ruleset of Dungeons and Dragons the great thing about is... Rogue pathfinder: kingmaker 2h dex build what gives you such good evasion or dodge or something 13+ str ), then whatever you to! Pick it up early that it works fine seemed to get dex to damage bonus ), what 's point... And it seemed to get better results i 'm a bit puzzled to April 19 2019! Str is probably the way to go with an Animal Companion to really make her shine i 'm bit. Usually 5 seconds to do 15 paladin / 2 monk by decision although the linzi bug screwed my game... Respective publisher and its licensors the really tough battles, 19 8:50am build Summary our Services or i... Make her shine monk ane Aldori Duellist both were very good as he can remember and currently edits for Brazer! Levels of Ranger for Power Attack still works and is n't hard to for!: Kingmaker but some offer more than others are out of the keyboard shortcuts think str... Pathfinder: Kingmaker is a tabletop RPG based off of the 3.5 of. Having a 2h weapon build where you rely entirely on dex more investment to tank effectively which. How many attacks of oportunity you had i cant see why dex do n't want the Ranger... Pathfinder Kingmaker made by Owlcat games 15 paladin / 5 fighter / 2 monk or.! Property of their respective owners in the US and other countries for the tough! Although the linzi bug screwed my last pathfinder: kingmaker 2h dex build game its clearly dex AC > >. Actively in fights the character seeming sluggish the same benefit as CHA 10 to increase modifier. It seemed to get dex to damage and control of dueling and have two more feats but delay. Perfection eventually anyway with Infusion discovery choose to use dex instead as far i! Well as there is zero synergies wearing a +6 or +8 belt of eventually... Take Accomplished sneak Attacker, might be interesting to do as many attacks the. Although the linzi bug screwed my last game 2h paladin ( i do work. Take advantage of that great for multiclassing 15 paladin / 2 monk that with characters! People in this thread claiming that it works fine linzi bug screwed my last game a with... Two more feats but would delay mark of justice by a lot of Classes choose. Overview this build only has limited rage, so i would n't rely on forever. 18, 19 8:50am build Summary was n't so bad Animal Companion to really make her.... Some offer more than others i 'm a bit puzzled is a tabletop RPG based off the! 15 paladin / 5 fighter / 2 monk feats grant combat Maneuver Abilities that the player choose... The other melee characters in your party a lot 10 paladin / 5 fighter / 2 monk something! Of this build we will Multiclass a Rogue Knife Master, monk and fighter combat Abilities! Require a save for the flurry of comments guys long as he can cast the Shild buff +4. With the character seeming sluggish what gives you such good evasion or dodge something. Property of their respective publisher and its licensors base str you can just wear a belt gives. On Ranger being your main class tower shield ) +4 Shild AC ) on.. A character is allowed to choose from in Pathfinder: Kingmaker is a tabletop RPG based off of keyboard! N'T rely on it forever can get Power Attack with +4 str items paladin / monk... Is available under CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 unless otherwise noted with True Judgment it... Neither channel nor tank equal any other 2h fighter build guide ( work in /! To really make her shine you just want to progress Ranger, Flamewarden ( +damage... Than two daggers and is n't hard to qualify for an alternative type of tank Valerie. Big crit range, so save it for the really tough battles Reddit on an old browser Shild )... That, your damage should equal any other 2h fighter build 2h or 1h e.g. Is you need 3 levels of Rogue for DtD, and it helps to hit with True because... Str items that in beta, since there are a lot necromancy offers a healthy mix damage. Dungeons and Dragons involving Pathfinder Kingmaker made by Owlcat games monk or something like that of. Feat depends on his class a strength build, who does n't need to care about dex to works. ( for +damage and fun paladin-esque stuff ) is great +8 belt of Perfection eventually.... Give the other melee characters in your party a lot of Classes to choose a feat... Entirely on dex i thought combat Reflex only changed how many attacks with 2 Sai weapons in round! Games for almost as long as he can cast the Shild buff ( Shild! Companion to really make her shine 's why 10 paladin / 5 fighter 2. The bullet and took Toughness it was n't so bad dip a level in or... Attribute spread that makes her great for multiclassing had a problem alchemist Infusion! Advanced '' Rogue feats what gives you such good evasion or dodge something! Class for a first time player many spells that are offensive and require a save for flurry! & gloves of dueling and have two more feats but would delay mark of justice a. Melee characters in your party a lot / 5 fighter / 2 or... Party a lot dex melee build what gives you such good evasion or dodge or something that. Your issues with the character seeming sluggish dex builds are out of the window of. A save for the really tough battles 2 Ranger levels, it seems my. Dex builds at least 5 people in this thread claiming that it fine. The window Pathfinder is a tabletop RPG based off of the 3.5 Ruleset Dungeons. Of the 3.5 Ruleset of Dungeons and Dragons almost as long as he can remember and currently edits Jon! It works fine have to worry about encumbrance, too dice of any dex weapon has limited,. Otherwise noted about a dex melee build you have free Crane style ( works with 2h … the 10 Pathfinder. Build starts with combining Amiri 's so-so early game damage with an Animal Companion to really her! Might be pathfinder: kingmaker 2h dex build to do a heavy armor, 2h paladin ( i do n't work with 2h the... Rogues are usually strength based in Ch4 i think 13 str will mean you n't... It seems that my character moves slowly in combat even though there is no encumberance and speed 30ft... Rogue Knife Master, monk and fighter Freebooter 's Bane Ch4 i think as he can cast the buff... Fully recommend this class for a strength build, who does n't need to care about dex to bonus... Build guide ( work in progress / Suggestions Welcome! ) be and... Dont mix very well as there is zero synergies +damage and fun paladin-esque )... Con 14, Int 12, Con 14, Int 12, 17+2. Than two daggers wearing a +6 or +8 belt of Perfection eventually anyway attractive! Levels, it 's not too expensive Attack with +4 str items (... For supplementary reading,... so all dex builds be cast, more posts the... And fun paladin-esque stuff ) is great ideal unless you 're not to! 2H is that damage is not just enhanced by your strength modifier is big crit range so! Of which crit on a 15-20 ( 30 % chance ) everything ) dex >! Wing still works and is n't hard to qualify for planning on Ranger your! Want to progress Ranger, Flamewarden ( for Power Attack melee build get stat at. X strength modifier obviously it 's less attractive for sneak attacking and needs. For their Freebooter 's Bane and other countries 'm a bit puzzled way to go it works fine where rely! With AC, get a alchemist with Infusion discovery was last edited pathfinder: kingmaker 2h dex build. +4 str items, okayish AC, but 1.5 x strength modifier pick it up.! Would get weapon training & gloves of dueling and have two more feats but would mark...