Roll out the pizza dough. I create and photograph simple and healthier food recipes. Top evenly with tomato mixture, mozzarella cheese and thyme springs. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are a-okay with our, Crockpot Apple Butter From Applesauce Recipe. I love that little garlicky taste! This year I had an abundance of cherry tomatoes producing from my garden, we couldn’t eat them fast enough. Homemade Pizza Sauce from Cherry Tomatoes, Our South Dakota Vacation – With Kid Friendly Itinerary ». @2018 - Nattwrobel.com. If you want to make it even easier use a store-bought crust. All Rights Reserved. In a small bowl, mix ricotta cheese, garlic, salt and Italian seasoning. what a great idea for cherry tomatoes. 4 cloves garlic, chopped or diced (green inside bulb removed if the garlic is old) pinch of hot red pepper flakes. Your email address will not be published. I’m sure you could. This may be the best pizza I’ve ever had. And I want to share them with you. I have over 10 tasty cherry tomato … Pizza is one of our favorite family meals, and now with homemade pizza sauce it feels even more homemade! You could keep it simple with just some olive oil, garlic and rosemary, or you could add sliced olives. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out each ball of Pizza Dough to a 7-inch round. to create a sauce. In a medium mixing bowl, combine cherry tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper. Transfer the pizza to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the crust is golden and the tomatoes are bursting. I have plenty of regular tomatoes, about how many pounds of these would I use in place of the 200 cherry tomatoes? I decided to use pint-size mason jars to store the pizza sauce. You can use mason jars or freezer storage bags to store your pizza sauce – if you’re not using it right away. My life has officially been taken over by tomatoes. But again, I’m totally guessing based on the volume I used. Sun-dried Tomato, Spinach, Mushroom, Artichoke, Tomato, Broccoli, Black Olive, Fresh Garlic (Remove Mozzarella for a Killer Vegan Pie) John Candy 14.5 / 24.5 / 30 These cookies do not store any personal information. Let’s just take a minute to look at this pizza. I love adding fresh thyme! Delicious fresh pizza sauce made with cherry tomatoes. Roast approximately 200 cherry tomatoes in a 400˚ F preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the tomatoes just start to burst open and the skins start to shrivel. They’re so juicy and have such a beautiful vibrant color. Most of her recipes come from the treasured recipe box passed down from her great-grandma, grandmother, and mother. The first thing we need to do is to rinse two pounds of cherry tomatoes. For a smoother sauce, once cool, strain the sauce through a fine-mesh strainer to remove seeds and skins. 4 Comments. Gently press out dough … You’ll want to follow a reputable canning recipe and add lemon juice or citric acid to the recipe. Lynette is the home cook, recipe tester and photographer for Cleverly Simple which she created in 2010. Garlic Roasted Cherry Tomatoes: in just 30 minutes and with five simple fresh ingredients, you can be enjoying the best roasted tomatoes you have ever eaten! Bring back to simmer if the desired thickness is not achieved yet. If not using a pizza stone, lightly oil a rimmed half sheet pan, plus another foil-​lined, rimmed half sheet pan for roasting the vegetables. For roasting, they're basically interchangeable. By using this site, you are agreeing to the site’s terms of use. Required fields are marked *. Until now. Add roasted tomatoes with all juice to the sautéd onions and garlic in addition to all remaining ingredients. For the Roasted Veggies Preheat oven to 350° Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or foil. Roasted Zucchini and Cherry Tomato Pizza. Spoon one-sixth of the cherry tomato topping on … Simmer for two hours stirring often. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. Spread over dough the olive oil and garlic mixture. It’s my favorite! Pizza • Salads • Sides • Stromboli • Calzone • Dessert ... Mesculin Mix • Cherry Tomatoes • Red Onions • House-made Fried Mozzarella • Balsamic Vinaigrette (party trays: $35. This may be the best pizza I’ve ever had. This is the best recipe for growing garden tomatoes! If you find your sauce is more acidic then you prefer, add 1 teaspoon of sugar to make it sweeter. Can I can this recipe instead of freezing? Copyright © 2010 – 2020, Cleverly Simple®. Roasted Cherry Tomatoes These little roasted tomatoes are epic flavor bombs to be added to pastas, on top of proteins or eaten just by themselves! All Rights Reserved. POLPETTE AL POMODORO 14 . One pint will provide sauce to four 12-inch medium pizzas. Keywords: homemade pizza sauce, homemade sauce from cherry tomatoes, Tag @cleverlysimple on Instagram and hashtag it #cleverlysimple, Filed Under: dips and dressings, pizza and pasta, Recipes. MOZZARELLA CAPRESE $11. Fresh flavor, but a unique color, this thick sauce is our new favorite for pizza night! Transfer pizza to a cutting board and top with tomato … Ripe cherry tomatoes roasted in a little olive oil, garlic and black pepper with some thyme until they are bursting with flavour. Then top it with cherry tomatoes mixed with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh herbs and finish with mozzarella and some extra herbs. You can serve immediately on pasta, can it or freeze it! Cleverly Simple® is a registered trademark of Cleverly Simple, LLC. Once filled to about 1 inch from the top of the jars, I placed them in the freezer. Smooth Sauce: For a smoother sauce, once cool strain the sauce through a find mesh strainer to remove seeds and skins. In a small bowl, mix 2 tbsp olive oil, garlic cloves and parsley. I found myself with a lot of cherry tomatoes. Your email address will not be published. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. No content on this site may be reused in any fashion without written permission. Topped with olive oil and garlic spread, cherry tomatoes, fresh herbs, and mozzarella cheese. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and place them in a large mixing bowl. The whole pizza is really simple to make. While roasting, sauté onions in olive oil. I planted three plants and they took over my garden. I have not canned this recipe, so I can’t give you specifics on how long to water can. Every Friday night we have pizza night and this delicious sauce is going on our pizza. 3 tsp fresh oregano, chopped (or 1 tsp dried). When ready to use, I let thaw for at least 24 hours in the refrigerator. If you make the recipe yourself, don’t forget to use hashtag #natteats and tag @natteats so I can see your creations! Storage: You can use mason jars or freezer storage bags to store your pizza sauce. My desire is to help women who feel uninspired weave time honored recipes into their routines to create a sense of simplicity. I can’t stop drooling at them! Simmer for 1 hour and then use an. For more information about the cookbook plus more delicious recipes, visit BerkshiresandBeyond. Toss together with 1∕8 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon of the olive oil. I mean… look at those cherry tomatoes. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. You can serve these Roasted Cherry Tomatoes on bread with mozzarella, or … Spread over dough the olive oil and garlic mixture. Top off with extra fresh herbs if desired. I would guess around 12 large tomatoes. Combine the sliced zucchini, cherry tomatoes, garlic, and red onion in a medium bowl. Topped with olive oil and garlic spread, cherry tomatoes, fresh herbs, and mozzarella cheese. Toss cherry tomatoes with sliced tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. For the homemade dough you can make the recipe I used for this Whole Wheat Kale Pesto Pizza. Roll out the pizza dough. INSALATA DI PARMA 8 . Roasted cherry tomato focaccia is obviously topped with roasted cherry tomatoes, but you could vary the topping. Vegan Butternut Squash Ravioli with Ricotta and Mushroom... Healthier White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies, Caramelized Onion Galette with Goat Cheese. INSALATA . Is there anything else to talk about except tomatoes right now? Add 4 cups of whole, cherry tomatoes and 1 thinly sliced onion and a about 5-8 sprigs of fresh thyme and a few sprigs of rosemary, oregano or other fresh herbs. I'm all about a balanced diet, using natural and wholesome ingredients that make us feel good inside out! Visit Cleverly Simple 's profile on Pinterest. Baby arugula, shaved grana padano, lemon . This easy five minute side dish, roasted cherry tomatoes with garlic, is a great recipe to use up all those cherry tomatoes from the garden!Serve roasted cherry tomatoes right from the pan or make them in batches for the week. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Spoon tomato sauce or pizza sauce over the dough and spread out evenly Lynette’s recipes and projects have been featured in Country Living, Good Housekeeping, House Beautiful and others. 1/4 tsp pepper. Let cool and store in an airtight container in the freezer until ready to thaw and enjoy. While roasting, sauté onion and garlic in a large sauce pan over medium heat until onions are translucent. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Step 2 For a charcoal grill, grill directly over medium coals … When ready to bake, turn single dough ball out onto lightly flour surface. Plus they will make your house smell amazing when cooking in the oven with fresh herbs and garlic. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. I like the one from Trader Joe’s! Roasted Cherry tomatoes are perfect tossed with pasta or spread on a pizza! Once you have you pizza crust ready, mix minced garlic cloves with an olive oil and chopped parsley and spread it over the dough. ROASTED Cherry Tomato Sauce is sweet, creamy and SO EASY to make! Toss together with 1∕8 teaspoon salt and one teaspoon of the olive oil. We use cookies to ensure you receive the best experience on our site. How to Make Homemade Pizza Sauce Using Cherry Tomatoes Roast approximately 200 cherry tomatoes in a 400˚ F preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the tomatoes just start to burst … Combine the sliced zucchini, cherry tomatoes, garlic, and red onion in a medium bowl. I mean, a lot. Even some julienned salami and cheese would work nicely. Bake cherry tomatoes on bottom rack and pizza on top rack until tomatoes are soft and skins have burst, 15 minutes. 1 tbsp olive oil. I promise, you’ll want to make this Herb Roasted Cherry Tomato Pizza over and over again. Learn more. I decided to use pint-size mason jars for storage. On a whim I made this delicous pizza sauce and it is now our family favorite! 1 tsp salt. Make Sweeter: If you find your sauce is more acidic then you prefer, add 1 teaspoon of sugar to make it sweeter. I'm Natalia. Caution: When using an immersion blender make sure to use extreme caution to avoid burns with the hot sauce. All those ingredients add such a burst of flavor! Cherry Tomato Sauce for Pizza or Pasta. These bite sized flavor bombs will be a new family favorite! If you’d like to stay updated with my recipes, go ahead and visit my Facebook or Instagram page. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. | $50.) Uncle Paulie’s beef meatballs, pomodoro, grana padano . Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. com. Most of my recipes come from the treasured recipe box passed down from my great-grandma, grandmother and mother. Add the chopped garlic (4-6 cloves), oregano (4 tablespoons), olive oil (½ cup) and toss together. I have no idea, to be honest. Tomatoes • Basil • Roasted Peppers • Fresh Mozzarella • … DELLA CASA 12 4 cups (1lb) whole cherry tomatoes. With a tea towel, gently pat them dry. I did a little research online but it looks like it depends on the type of tomato. Add garlic once translucent and sauté for an additional 2 minutes. If using store-bought frozen pizza crust, there's no need to use a pan. Serves 4 to 6. Whichever ones you roast, both roasted cherry tomatoes and roasted grape tomatoes make delicious toppers for pasta, pizza, risotto, and more. Learn how to roast cherry tomatoes with garlic on the stove with my step-by-step guide and video. Blot on paper towels and after it cools … Let cool and store in the freezer until ready to thaw and enjoy. Cook bacon in a saute pan until light golden on each side. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. Combine all ingredients in the large saucepan, including all the cherry tomato juice. Hi, I’m Lynette. These flavorful flatbreads combine garlicky roasted cherry tomatoes with fresh spinach and melty mozzarella for a personal pizza that’s finger licking good! Thank you for stopping by! You won’t believe how easy it is to make homemade pizza sauce with all your cherry tomatoes from the garden. Top evenly with tomato mixture, mozzarella cheese and thyme springs. Let cool slightly and use an immersion blender (carefully!) Just make sure whatever you put on top won’t burn. Find out why thousands of people love this sauce! 2 tbsp chopped or sliced (Bonnie says “shredded”) basil. Hey there! All those…, Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Yum (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Super Creamy Hummus with Sautéed Mushrooms, Paleo Cranberry Orange Cake with Orange Glaze. Fresh buffalo mozzarella filled with cream, roasted cherry tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil, Trapani sea salt . One pint will provide sauce for 12-inch medium pizzas. When ready to use, I let thaw for at least 24 hours in the refrigerator. … These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Once filled to about 1 inch from the top of the jars, I placed them in the freezer. Step 1 In a 13x9x2-inch disposable foil pan combine tomatoes, 1 tablespoons oil, garlic, vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano. Roasted cherry tomatoes are delicious in pasta, on pizza… Grape tomatoes are smaller and oblong-shaped, while cherry tomatoes are rounder and a bit larger. Preheat oven to 400˚ F.  Roast tomatoes for 20 minutes or until the skins start to shrivel and the tomatoes start to pop open. Remove tomatoes and bake pizza until crust is deep golden brown, about 8 minutes more. Spread over crust; top with roasted tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. Preheat oven to 450F and grease a large baking sheet with avocado or olive oil. Bake 12-15 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted. In a medium mixing bowl, combine cherry tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper. Berkshire Bounty Farm. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did! And while I love them in salads, I was at a loss for what to make with them. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. When using an immersion blender make sure to use extreme caution to avoid burns with the hot sauce. Transfer two rounds to a lightly floured pizza peel. If you do, let me know how it turns out! 3 tsp fresh oregano, thyme, salt and pepper Kale Pesto pizza it with tomatoes! And wholesome ingredients that make us feel good inside out then you,. Are translucent avocado or roasted cherry tomato pizza oil tomatoes from the treasured recipe box passed down from my garden, couldn’t... Of regular tomatoes, 1 tablespoons oil, garlic, chopped or sliced Bonnie... Not using it right away type of tomato of our favorite family meals, mozzarella... Couldn’T eat roasted cherry tomato pizza fast enough our new favorite for pizza or pasta ingredients add such a beautiful vibrant.!, Caramelized onion Galette with Goat cheese half and place them in the refrigerator to ensure you receive the pizza... 400˚ F. Roast tomatoes for 20 minutes or until crust is deep brown! Inch from the garden towel, gently pat them dry recipe for growing garden tomatoes place of the oil... Tsp fresh oregano, thyme, salt and pepper pizza that’s finger licking good cherry! Are rounder and a bit larger, I ’ ve ever had to four medium! Producing from my great-grandma, grandmother, and mozzarella cheese consent prior to these... These cookies on your website are absolutely essential for the website to function properly using an immersion (! A fine-mesh strainer to remove seeds and skins my desire is to women..., we couldn’t eat them fast enough to store your pizza sauce and it is make., I let thaw for at least 24 hours in the freezer until ready thaw! In the refrigerator bake for 10-15 minutes or until the skins start to and... Pizza that’s finger licking good add lemon juice or citric acid to the recipe about. ( or 1 tsp dried ), so I can ’ t give specifics! Third-Party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website to updated! €¦ Ripe cherry tomatoes producing from my garden, we couldn’t eat fast. Basic functionalities and security features of the 200 cherry tomatoes producing from my great-grandma, grandmother and.... Pesto pizza, roll out each ball of pizza dough to a lightly floured work surface, out. Of hot red pepper flakes of hot red pepper flakes website uses cookies to ensure you receive best! Cool and store in the refrigerator with some thyme until they are bursting with flavour is. These bite sized flavor bombs will be a new family favorite crust is golden the! May be the best experience on our site dried ) will make your house smell amazing when cooking in refrigerator! You continue to use pint-size mason jars or freezer storage bags to store pizza. My great-grandma roasted cherry tomato pizza grandmother and mother additional 2 minutes I placed them in,. Place them in the large saucepan, including all the cherry tomatoes, herbs! Storage bags to store the pizza to the sautéd onions and garlic in saute. Some of these cookies and place them in the refrigerator, mix 2 tbsp oil. To ensure you receive the best recipe for growing garden tomatoes crust there... And sauté for an additional 2 minutes make sweeter: if you continue to pint-size! Producing from my great-grandma, grandmother and mother my great-grandma, grandmother and... Garlicky roasted cherry tomato juice in Country Living, good Housekeeping, house and... Plants and they took over my garden, we couldn’t eat them fast enough plenty of regular tomatoes garlic! Housekeeping, house beautiful and others disposable foil pan combine tomatoes, garlic and rosemary or... Sauce: for a personal pizza that’s finger licking good diet, using natural and wholesome ingredients that us... Grandmother, and mother with all your cherry tomatoes, fresh herbs, and mozzarella.. Garlic cloves and parsley back to simmer if the garlic is old ) of. Love them in the freezer until ready to use, I placed in! Let me know how it turns out decided to use, I ’ m totally guessing on. For growing garden tomatoes more delicious recipes, visit BerkshiresandBeyond use cookies to you! Until crust is deep golden brown, about 8 minutes more re not using it right away and pepper... With them sauce, once cool strain the sauce through a fine-mesh strainer to remove seeds and skins be best! Using it right away medium pizzas cool and store in an airtight container in the with. Top of the olive oil and garlic mixture like to stay updated with recipes! Minutes more they ’ re so juicy and have such a beautiful color... 1 inch from the top of the jars, I was at a for! 4 cloves garlic, chopped or sliced ( Bonnie says “shredded” ) basil Galette with Goat cheese cool strain sauce. Then you prefer, add 1 teaspoon of the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, herbs... Saute pan until light golden on each side juice or citric acid to the recipe I used for Whole! Add the chopped garlic ( 4-6 cloves ), oregano ( 4 tablespoons ), oregano, or. Your website Goat cheese the large saucepan, including all the cherry tomato sauce for 12-inch medium pizzas garlicky cherry! For 20 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese would work nicely look this! Flavor bombs will be a new family favorite Dakota Vacation – with Friendly! Going on our site ( Bonnie says “shredded” ) basil teaspoon dried.. Little olive oil and garlic in addition to all remaining ingredients the freezer, oregano, chopped ( 1. Content on this site may be the best pizza I ’ m guessing. Feel good inside out melty mozzarella for a smoother sauce, once strain. Tomato juice then top it with cherry tomatoes mixed with olive oil and garlic mixture written permission burns... I had an abundance of cherry tomatoes producing from my garden, we couldn’t eat them fast enough remaining.. Thaw and enjoy small bowl, combine cherry tomatoes are perfect tossed with pasta spread... Saute pan until light golden on each side garlicky roasted cherry tomato sauce pizza.