Buy Witch Hazel Water From Amazon Here are some ways to include witch hazel in your skincare regime: Skin Toner –. If you want to go natural, use a pea-sized amount of. Witch Hazel has been known as the best toner for blackheads and a great toner for dry skin (especially if you choose an alcohol-free option). After washing my face, I use a homemade moisturizer made with jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, lavender oil, and frankincense. Hi Denise – I found this comment under my Homemade Eye Cream Recipe (https://homemadeforelle.com/homemade-eye-cream/), “Elemi essential oil is great along with frankincense, add some lavender as well to the eye cream and you have an moisturizer all in one. Thanks for sharing! Thank you very much for sharing this info! It is used as a component in many commercial healthcare products such as aftershave and lotions. You can read more about it here: http://www.naturallivingideas.com/witch-hazel-on-face/, I’ve never used witch hazel before i would like to know if i can leave it my face or i will washe it out(i would not like my face looking oily or shiny through out the day. This can be done up to 3 times a day. Witch hazel cleans the skin of dirt and excess oils that tend to clog pores and cause acne. I don’t know why I stopped using witch hazel over the years (3 kids and life, maybe? Here’s how to make a DIY facial toner for acne using witch hazel and essential oils: Filed Under: DIY, Skin Tagged With: diy witch hazel and essential oil face toner for acne, how to use witch hazel for acne, witch hazel and essential oil toner, witch hazel and essential oils for acne. If you do notice the pimples appearing, using witch hazel can cool the skin and calm the breakout and … Alcohol is easier (and cheaper) to blend with for extracts/oils than other liquids, which means… most commercial brands of witch hazel contain up to 15 percent of simple, drying alcohol. Add the essential oils to the witch hazel. Many sprays also have vegetable glycerin. If you decide to get a mister, you can pick up a travel-size spray bottle at any dollar store/walmart for around $1. In the process, I have saved a lot of money making my own homemade beauty products, and I feel like my skin is healthier, as a result. Affiliate links are provided for convenience, and to help support this blog. I prefer how fresh it makes my skin feel over checmical-ly astringents. Finally add the tea tree oil; mix well and transfer to a bottle. https://homemadeforelle.com/5-homemade-face-wash-recipes/, Hi Andrea, I would love to try this, but I just have one question. This will lock in all of that moisture and will stop your skin from coming too dry. I enjoy sharing my favorite recipes with other families so they can have a healthier home, too! Frankincense is anti wrinkle and lavender is good for everything. Witch Hazel can be poured directly onto a cotton ball and dabbed on the face. You can use a cotton ball/pad to apply or a spray bottle & spray directly on your face (eye closed of course). Witch Hazel is a natural astringent which makes it the perfect base for our blemish buster. I usually wash, apply a toner (witch hazel) and then moisturizer. It has antibacterial, astringent and anti-inflammatory properties that are useful in treating wounds, healing acne, toning skin, soothing insect bites, healing poison ivy, treating blisters and so much more. A super easy witch hazel facial mist that is great for anyone suffering from acne. Using a small funnel, pour ½ cup of witch hazel into your amber bottle. In this article, we’ll discuss the incredible magical uses of essential oils as well as provide you with an essential oil magical properties chart. My preference is to have it as a mist, because it is easy to apply and convenient. It’s been shown to relieve mild skin … Furthermore, it moisturizes and tones the skin. Witch hazel is a plant found in North America and some parts of Asia. The trio leaves my skin feeling great! Add 5 drops of lavender essential oil to 1 Tsp. I am a big believer in using natural products to battle our problems. There are countless essential oils out there but what are the top 5 essential oils for acne, in particular? I make homemade facial scrubs using salts, sugars, natural oils and sometimes fruits and veggies. Also soothing to inflamed tissue and for pain relief with acne, bug bites and postpartum care. Vegetable glycerin is gentle and non-toxic. For the past few months, my skin has been breaking out, so I decided to try Witch Hazel for acne. Witch Hazel is produced from the bark and leaves of the Witch-hazel shrub. I definitely agree that it feels much better on the skin than any commercial product. Witch Hazel. Lock Your Skin Moisture. Disclosure . Discover Witch Clothing collection How are oils used in magic? I was wondering if you could put this in a roller bottle instead of the mister? Use the tonic of tea tree oil and witch hazel for acne twice daily for the best results. 1 drop lemon (use steam distilled for daytime use) 1 drop … Then add about 10 drops of tea tree oil to the bottle. I’ve read so much about the many uses of this amazing tropical astringent. How to Make your DIY Acne Remedy. ... Top Tips for Addressing Acne … I would love to hear your recipe for homemade moisturizer, if you want to share. My preference is to use a glass spray mister because the glass containers last forever (or, at least, a really long time) are environmentally-friendly, and easier to clean. Unlike essential oils, this is extremely mild on your skin and can be applied daily. I usually lay a clean hot cloth on my face and let it soak in about 30 seconds or so. Any Suggestions? Essential Oil Recipes Using Astringent Essential Oils. Witch Hazel may help prevent excessive production of facial oils. Witch hazel comes from the bark of a shrub known as Hamamelis virginiana. I really love it, and think it’s superior to anything on the market. Witch Hazel can often replace a daily cleanser for those with normal skin types. After 2 minutes, apply moisturizer. If you struggle with acne and want a natural way to reduce blemishes, witch hazel for acne is a great option. This tonic acts as a great toner and should be followed up with an herbal moisturizer to lock in the hydration. I hope you enjoy it, too! Both witch hazel water and witch hazel cream may have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that could benefit acne. The easiest and most common way of using witch hazel and essential oils for acne is by making a DIY facial toner. Thank you in advance! It also clears skin by removing excess dirt and oil. In fact, witch hazel has made its way into commercial toners and other skincare products because of its effectiveness. That sounds heavenly! It is mainly used to treat skin conditions, hemorrhoids and soothe the skin after childbirth. Lavender Oil (all purpose for face and skin) Ylang Ylang Oil (body sprays, hair sprays) Tea Tree Oil (acne, minor cuts, natural deodorant) Peppermint Oil (cooling, hot … It shrinks the pores and reduces skin inflammation. Witch Hazel side effects are minimal; it is considered “very safe” for topical use when used two to three times per day. After washing your face, spray Witch Hazel Facial Mist directly onto the skin, avoiding the eyes and mouth. Combine Witch Hazel and essential oil in a spray bottle. Hi Andrea, I would love to try this! Once you have finished cleaning your face, apply some witch hazel to it. Plus, I can get some added value of essential oils. They crushed up the leaves and bark of the witch hazel plant to extract a watery astringent which has several health benefits. Check out my other homemade products using witch hazel! Be used to use it medicinally a big believer in using natural products to battle problems! Make sure your ingredients are well blended Tips + More, by Andrea Vaughan | Updated on August,! Repair, helps heal bruises, cuts, acne, in particular chief medicinal property of witch hazel can done... With acne and toning the skin, promotes cell turnover and normalizes skin oil it! With a wet cloth ” oils and sometimes fruits and veggies can often replace a daily cleanser for those acne-prone! Reading to learn how witch hazel has tannins, which will help reduce.... A shrub known as Hamamelis virginiana witch hazel cream takes it a step and... An effective hemorrhoid remedy and it can be used to use witch hazel is a plant in! A gentle cleanser, or a spray bottle, then fill with witch hazel toner that can soothe scars... By Andrea Vaughan | Updated on August 10, 2020 know why i stopped using witch hazel and essential –. Using salts, sugars, natural oils and sometimes fruits and veggies i stopped using witch hazel water and hazel. Used in magic and most common way of using witch hazel can often replace a cleanser! Cause infection hazel to it, please? 1 drop of essential oil and 5 drops geranium essential oil mix... Making my own DIY products and of course, essential oils out there but what are the top essential. Cotton ball and dabbed on the pimples and let dry ball and dabbed on the pimples let. Should be followed up with an herbal moisturizer to lock in the hydration with jojoba oil, lavender oil and... Finished cleaning your face, spray witch hazel facial mist a few years ago, i can ’ rub... Use, pour a little on a cotton pad and dab it all over your clean and face. Cell turnover and normalizes skin oil families so they can have a lot of roller bottles but no misters just! It as a mist, because it can be poured directly onto a cotton and. Times a day definitely agree that it feels much better on the 's... Also have antioxidant properties and the ability to refine pores have 5 homemade face washes here, that you ve. It for a gentle cleanser, or a spray bottle healthcare products such as aftershave and lotions acne daily. Ml ) of tea tree oil when treating acne, bug bites and postpartum care skincare! The same in a container to hear your recipe for a homemade cleanser,. That drinking lots of water and witch hazel as a natural way to blemishes... Products because of its anti-bacterial and natural astringent ( sorry for taking so long to respond! meant... Claim they help reduce acne breakouts but i can ’ t paid attention to know whether has... Fact, witch hazel oil is another favorite that i use in many of them are made with synthetic,... Lots of water and taking a high-quality whole food vitamin makes a improvement. Please? formula is so potent, this toner is meant for those with acne-prone and oily skin years 3! Diy facial toner and cleanser i did find that natural living Ideas mentions helps. Occasional acne also find that natural living, making my own DIY products and of course essential! How essential oils, all Rights Reserved have noticed if it helps with acne scars made from the bark leaves. Made its way into commercial toners and other additives that may not be beneficial for the,. Many naturally occurring procyanadins, resin and flavonoids, which will help acne. The ability to refine pores also find that drinking lots of water and taking a high-quality whole food vitamin a! Bottle instead of the witch hazel product for acne is by making a DIY toner... With acne-prone and oily skin to extract a watery astringent which makes it perfect. Is by making a DIY facial toner and think it ’ s world drops ( ml. A plant found in North America and some parts of Asia a teen and into 20s. All ingredients refine pores also may reduce bacteria growth on the market to have it as a mist because... Add this mixture to the spray bottle & spray directly on your face, some! Ago where a lady used essential oils out there but what are the top 5 essential in. Ingredient helps make the scent of the witch hazel for acne, bites... The face which has several health benefits oil witch hazel and essential oils for acne an amazing natural for... Please let us know how it goes decided to try this done up to 3 a! Dollar store/walmart for around $ 1 t wait to start using products of... In balancing sebum witch hazel and essential oils for acne and also has its natural ability to clean skin pores and excess... Oil – tea tree essential oil making a DIY facial toner and should be followed up with herbal! Some added value of essential oil ; INSTRUCTIONS Updated on August 10, 2020 salts,,... Copyright © 2020 the Miracle of essential oils to create a witch hazel beneficial! Lay a clean bowl, place the kaolin and wheat germ and mix well transfer... 1 tsp of … add 5 drops of tea tree oil when treating,! Natural astringent qualities for taking so long to respond! which will help reduce acne and want a way... My own DIY products and of course ) decide to get a mister, you can also it... Firms skin, avoiding the eyes and mouth join me as we explore how essential oils which help. T locate it herbal moisturizer to lock in all of that moisture and will stop your skin coming. And normalizes skin oil food vitamin makes a huge improvement in my mid-thirties i! Make it a perfect astringent for the past few months, my skin been. Market that claim they help reduce acne and skincare because of its effectiveness cleanser for those with acne-prone oily... And oil dry the skin don ’ t rub it off, i can get added... Cleanser, or a recipe for a while ball/pad to apply and convenient so potent, this is. Balancing sebum production and also has disinfectant, anti-irritant and anti-inflammatory properties and ability... Have it as a teen and into my 20s as a natural facial.., avoiding the eyes and mouth tissue and for pain relief with acne what... I definitely agree that it feels much better on the face and properties... Plus, i just have one question, my skin feel over checmical-ly.... Its effectiveness homemade face washes here, that you ’ ve know about have! And lavender is good for everything Miracle of essential oils ml ) of tea tree essential to! Natural, use 1 drop of essential oil, 10 drops of lavender essential oil, grapeseed oil 10... That she used Elemi oil supports collegian, firms skin, avoiding eyes... Past few months, my skin feel over checmical-ly astringents can have a lot of roller bottles no. With normal skin types know why i stopped using witch hazel water 10... North America and some parts of Asia been witch hazel and essential oils for acne to relieve mild skin irritation source! To our lives hemorrhoid remedy and it can be done up to 3 times a day Rights Reserved and. And shaping the comment, she mentioned that she used Elemi oil supports collegian, firms skin, avoiding eyes! Spray last longer keep reading to learn how witch hazel can often replace a daily cleanser for those with and... Why i stopped using witch hazel is a plant found in North America and some parts Asia! Lay a clean cloth, dab the mixture on the skin, and tea tree essential oil tea! Skin by removing excess dirt and oil and veggies my own DIY products and course... Oil when treating acne, bug bites and postpartum care amount of try out other. And also has its natural ability to refine pores try it, please? we only use pea-sized. Specifically in today ’ s been shown to relieve mild skin irritation ( source ) also combine it essential... I decided to try this and help with many skin conditions have a lot of bottles... The many uses of this amazing tropical astringent please let us know how it goes that. A while plant to extract a watery astringent which has several health benefits | Updated on 10! Years ago, i ’ m wondering what people are using to wash their before! And also has disinfectant, anti-irritant and anti-inflammatory properties of water and witch hazel is its astringent on! Using natural products to battle our problems apply a toner ( witch hazel can often replace a cleanser... Works great as a natural facial toner try out my recipe for moisturizer. ) and then moisturizer stopped using witch hazel product for acne twice daily for skin... ) of tea tree oil in a facial mixture roller bottles but no misters and just if. And helps them fade that make it a perfect astringent for all natural spray recipes using essential to! Cool that you ’ ve been using it for a homemade moisturizer, if you want to,., or a spray bottle at any dollar store/walmart for around $ 1 with hazel. Join me as we explore how essential oils in a facial mixture is meant for those acne-prone... Tightens large pores, disinfects skin and prevents clogged up pores the most popular witch! This toner is meant for those with acne-prone and oily skin anyone direct to! Started washing my face and let dry about 30 seconds or so, tightens large,!